Occupational therapy services may benefit children with difficulties in the following areas:
- Attention and concentration difficulties such as ADHD and ADD
- Disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Functional difficulties in everyday tasks such as feeding, toileting and dressing
- Fine motor difficulties such as limitations in motor planning, grasp and handwriting
- Gross motor difficulties such as limitations in motor planning, coordination and sports related activities
- Sensory processing or sensory integration challenges such as limitations in registering, interpreting, organising or being over responsive or under responsive to sensations (touch, sound, sight, smell, taste, body awareness and movement sensations)
- Visual processing or visual perceptual challenges
- Verbal or non-verbal learning disabilities
- Regulatory disorders such as difficulties in sensory, behavioural and emotional regulation
- Issues related to behaviours seen as negative or inappropriate
Our therapists can offer small group therapy sessions throughout the year. These groups are focused on personal care, fine motor or communication skills.
Bundaberg Occupational Therapy is a registered provider of services through the NDIS. As part of our compliance standards we operate in accordance with the Queensland and Commonwealth Quality and Safeguarding requirements. Further information can be found at www.communities.qld.gov.au/disability-connect-queensland/national-disability-insurance-scheme/ndis-quality-safeguard-requirements-providers or by asking our staff.